The history of Szczucin goes back to distant times. Szczucin is a town, which for centuries has been identified as a center with trade traditions. There used to be a rafting port here, w XIX w. there was a customs "chamber", and in the interwar period there was a market square, where fairs were held. The fairs became a place of trade for local farmers and craftsmen. Nowadays, fairs in Szczucin have become known beyond the Lesser Poland Voivodeship.
The first historical mentions of Szczucin are included in the St. 1326 year, which confirms information about the existence of a parish. The first parish priest known by name was Fr.. Nicholas, who was obliged to pay a sanitary fee in the amount of 3 marek.
Over the centuries, the area of the Szczucin parish has changed. Until the end of the 15th century, apart from Szczucin, there were five towns in the parish: Delastowice, Slupiec, Dąbrowica, Borki and Lubasz. At the end of the 16th century. Seventeen towns belonged to the parish, including Laskówka, Odmęt and Wójcina. This state of affairs lasted until the first partition of Poland.
Vistula and surrounding rivers (Breń, Discharge) caused, that the Vistula areas were intensely flooded. Jan Długosz wrote about this matter already in the Middle Ages. This phenomenon was repeated in the following centuries, and now the Vistula is a threat to the inhabitants of the commune. It is worth mentioning the floods from: 1934, 1960 i 2010 r.
Szczucin and the surrounding villages were the property of noble families. It is worth mentioning the owners here, who ruled Szczucin longer. There was the Pacanowski family, Stradomskich, Chwalibogów of the Strzemię coat of arms. W XIX w. Szczuciń estates passed into the hands of Helena Husarzewska, and after her death the good was inherited by the daughter of Eleanor, the wife of prince Andrzej Lubomirski.
For the pastoral care of Fr.. Adam Miklaszewski in 1623 r. a new parish was established in Słupiec, with whom the Szczuciński parish priest had a dispute over the benefits. During the reign of this parish priest, a project to build the present church in Szczucin was created. His successor, The predecessor's nephew, pcs. Seweryn Miklaszewski (1660-1680) completed the construction of a brick parish church.
The events related to the Kościuszko Uprising and the Napoleonic campaign did not directly affect Szczucin and its vicinity. Only the events of 1846 r., called the Galician Rabation, they swept bloodily across the Vistula river. Estates in Wola Szczucińska, in Lubasz and Szczucin were defended, ale te, which were poorly defended by the local population suffered heavy losses. The distinguished Rydel family suffered especially. In total, ten people died in Dąbrowica itself, and over twenty in the parish. These bloody events decided, that the local Galician gentry remained passive to the events of 1848 r.
With the outbreak of the January Uprising in Galicia, preparations for the action began, which was to organize a military expedition to the territory of the Kingdom. Two battalions were formed from volunteers. The commander of "Tarnowski" was Major Edward Dunajewski. In the morning 20 June 1863 r. the battalion began to cross the Vistula River between Łęka Żabiecka and Maniów. A battle with the Russians ensued at the site of the crossing, during which the insurgents under fire started a disorderly retreat. The local population of Maniów pulled would-be insurgents from the currents of the Vistula. Four funerals were organized for fifteen insurgents in Szczucin.